Here is a quick update on things for the last couple weeks:
- Grant made the 8th grade basketball team. He is very excited, though the daily practices are a grind.
- Tanya turned 13 yesterday. We had a party Friday night. Grandma & Grandpa Tingey came as did Brady and his kids.
- Victor went to priesthood preview tonight. Of the 6 boys there, he was most willing to try and answer questions. When asked by the Bishop what the priesthood is, he answered: "it is your spirit." The Bishop kindly corrected him. Still, the boy is game, and we were very proud of him.
- Morgan all the sudden seems to be a piano player. She is pounding away constantly and learning some decent songs.
- Ana basically learned to read in the last few weeks. She's been on the cusp for a few months, but something seemed to click recently, and she can read simple books just fine now. Though she's 8, she had never learned, not even in her native language. She spontaneously wrote a song today with accompanying picture--posted below.
- Ethan continues to keep everyone social. He is the most frequent playmate for Victor and Ana and can communicate things sometimes that others can't. For example, the other day Victor and Ana were laughing hysterically when we told the kids to go brush their teeth in the bathroom. It took Ethan to explain that they thought the word "bathroom" means toilet. Who knows what they thought we were asking them to do.