Thursday, August 25, 2011

first day of school - Monday Aug 22

 Troy made sliders for dinner Sunday night.  We had a turkey burger slider with humus in a pita and a beef onion slider on little buns.  Super yummy and super fun, especailly for me!  Didn't have to cook anything, just had to help them find things every five minutes - still much better than cooking it all!
 So funny to not see kids in uniforms!  Victor and Morgan are heading off to 7th grade at South Davis, Ana and Ethan look so cute in their uniforms as they are staying at the charter school (they actually started last week).  Tanya is staying at the Jr. high with the charter school, she left too early and didn't get a picture... I'll have to get that Monday.  Grant is going to High School this year, can you believe how grown up my cute little baby boy is?  He is thrilled he doesn't have to wear a uniform and was unusually willing to have his picture take this year.  Tall, hairy, no braces and no uniform, he feels like he is ruling the world!

 Morgan checked out her English book so that she could bring it home and read the stories in it!  Must have loved her first day of school.  Note: Monday and Tuesday were good days, Wednesday, yesterday a little rough.  Morgan saw a neighbor being teased on the bus, so she went to sit by her (Morgan seems to be the underdog protector) and so the boy started calling Morgan names. She stayed tough till she got home and then she fell apart.  Poor thing.  She knew the boy, loves his family, and didn't think he would be mean to her and so it sort of caught her off guard.  Victor's test scores finally were pulled from the charter school and they put him back a reading and English class so he was mad and upset, thinking I did it to him.  So he came home and fell apart and cried.  Tanya walked in while Victor was trying to explain to me the situation and she thought I had made him cry so she hid in her closet from me for a good hour.  I had to run an errand and when I got home Ana was screaming (this crazy three year old scream that drives me crazy) at Morgan and Tanya, Grant was trying to sort out who touched who's stuff in who's room.  I asked what happened and Tanya jumped back into the closet so I sent Ana upstairs and made Morgan pick up the basement.  Oh thank goodness for those hours that they are at school!  Otherwise I might have been yelling yesterday! 

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I know I shouldn't be laughing but when I got to "Tanya jumped back into the closet" I couldn't help it!
Isn't school Heaven sent?
~W

Betsy said...

Oh Carlin! Hang in there!! ;)

samsthree said...

I'm happy school is here for you. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

WOULD PUT SO MUCH HARD DICK UP HER,SHE WOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER IT.