Sunday, December 18, 2011

trains and christmas parties

 A couple Sundays ago we went to my moms to decorate cookie trains.  A tradition I have always done and enjoyed but felt a little overwhelmed with this year.  So my wondermom just went ahead and put it all together.  So nice and we loved delivering the trains.  It's good for the kids to think of a family they want to take them to.  And this year we had Angela (exchange student from Chile) come make them with us.  She was darling and so creative with her train. 












 Last week we had the elementary Christmas concert - very fun and we have always been impressed with the songs and the program.  (This year we were a little suprised that the 4th grades didn't know either of the songs they sang, but the 5th grade did a wonderful job).




 At the work party this past week, Morgan and Ana were the only two who braved telling Santa what they wanted for Chirstmas.  The motivation was a large candy cane.  They boys all said they were too old to sit with Santa.  Tanya came with but saw the food table and never made it all the way to Santa.  Which is fine, it was much healthier than the giant candy cane!









3 comments:

samsthree said...

Can't wait to do trains. Mom asked if we were doing them and I asked if we could do them at their house when we got there. YA, one less thing to do before we go. Love all the pictures of the kids!! Can't wait to see you all in four days:)

Wendy said...

Darling trains! What a fun tradition.

Anne said...

Carlin,
I sent you a note on your Facebook. Not sure if you use Facebook much, so I decided I would ask you on your blog since I know you use it. I would love to find out if you have a great frosting recipe for those Christmas trains and what kind of cookies are those that you use to make the trains. If I do not hear from you, I will try to find your phone number on the Save A Child phone list. Thanks!
Anne