Saturday, February 1, 2014

Snow shoeing

So, I haven't exercised much since I broke my wrist. Now that I have my cast off I've been trying to figure out what to do with myself. It's been so cold & the inversions been so bad (orange days you aren't supposed to go out if you don't have to) so walking out side it's out. I have 4 more weeks before I can lift or go back to Pilates class. So when Troy said he and Morgan we going snow shoeing I thought it would be fun to tag along. Other than Morgan being a little grumpy it was so beautiful and nice. We did have to hike in a mile to get to the trail & I was a bit winded at that point (ha ha ha).  But then it was wonderful new snow and the trees and bushes all had a fresh layer of snow on them so it was like being in a winter wonderland.
  Morgs cheered up a as we  diverged off of the beaten path and wandered through the trees, she's out little explorer at heart. She says she wants to be an orchestra teacher, but I'm sure we'll find her on a dig in Peru one of these days.
  Tanya took two of her friends & Ana ice skating while we were gone and one of her friends hit her head pretty hard, so they took her home. Hope she's ok.
  Exciting first day of February!  Other than we need the moisture, here's hoping that the ground hog doesn't see his shadow tomorrow.

No comments: