Friday, February 20, 2015

Carlin's first day in Paris with Darcy



Darcy and I made it to Paris today.  Very exciting.  We are staying in this cute little walk up flat (on the 5th floor).  It's a great apartment and you can see the Eiffel tower, far away, from the balcony.  It's rainy and a bit windy, but we got out and saw the Sacre-Coeur (Roman Catholic Church) and walked around our temporary neighborhood.  So the Sacre-Coeur is built at the highest point of the city, so great views of Paris.  It was built to remember the 50+ thousand soldiers that died in the Franco-Prussian War.  It was a beautiful Church, people travel from all around to light a candle and say a prayer there.  Then we walked around in the rain for a little bit and we ate dinner at a restaurant across the street.  I had some fish and chips, yum.  We picked up some breakfast for tomorrow at the bakery and headed home.  We popped some popcorn and watched French Kiss with Meg Ryan, in honor of being in France.  At points the thunder and rain was so loud we had to turn the ty volume up to hear the movie.  I guess that is what we get for staying on the top floor of the building.  Exciting. 

I instagrammed a picture and Sherry responded asking if I was going to drive by a certain missionary in Chalon France.  I of course, wouldn't ever do such a thing.  I mean he's a two hour train ride away from Paris...  ok, so I could go and come back in one day...















No comments: