Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20th letter from grant

Sent: Monday, July 20, 2015 8:45 AM
Subject: Baptism of Patrick!!

Wahoo! He made it to the font! We had a whirl this week while we were working with Patrick! but by Saturday he was ready. He wanted brother Pascalin to baptize him and honestly that was the coolest thing ever! Two years ago Pascalin had a tumor in his back and couldn't walk. After two years of rehabilitation he has been able to walk slowly and with a limp. What was really cool to see was Pascaling lifting Patrick out of the water :) The members here are so awesome! I am so glad that we have such fantastic people to help us bring Patrick to the waters of baptism!

I wont go through in detail but we spent almost every day this week working with Patrick! Oh, transfer calls  came and I am doing a Forth in Rodez! Yes a forth transfer! By the end of this transfer I will have spent one quarter of my mission in Rodez.

oh, I also forgot to tell yall that each Sunday for the past twelve or thirteen weeks we have been teaching a boy from a part member family. Mathias! Mathias is going to be baptized on the first of august by his papa! We are really excited for Mathias, he has had a really hard life up to now. He was going to get baptized when he was eight but he got ran over by a tractor of some sorts and was hospitalized for almost half a year. By the time he got out he could barely walk. He started asking questions like "why did god do this to me" and " why do bad things happen". A little while later the family moved up to Rodez to try and make a fresh start. We started working with Mathias and because he is now almost ten we got to teach him! He still asked those hard questions and I am happy to say that he has grown up a lot! He has found answers to those questions. :) His parents obviously did most the work! I don't want to steel their thunder, but I did enjoy every second that we got to help Mathias and teach him!

I hope that you all have a great week! we are at a cyber café so when we get wifi I will send all of the photos of Patricks baptism and some of mathias!

I love you all and hope that everyone is doing just dandy!

love, elder Keller!

No comments: