Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The crazy mom retreat... should be the amazing mom retreat











The Retreat... dun, dun, dada. I lost my pictures off my phone, so sad, so I took pictures from other amazing moms at the retreat. We really had a great time just relaxing and hanging around chating about foster care and adoption issues. The spa was fantastic and I walked away feeling like I could handle my challenges with Tanya. But with Troy being gone the previous couple weeks I sort of crashed and ended up with a yucky cold that has lasted all week. I'm always so amazed and impressed with the incredible families out there who are adopting/fostering. It is so much more difficult than I ever imagined. I just was not prepared for the attachment stuff. Some times I still wonder how a child can live with their bio parents and grandparents and be neglected enough that they have no understanding of a parent/child relationship.
So, we went to the spa, played games, visited, chatted about our children, ate and ate and ate, swam in the mineral hot springs, slept in and enjoyed the peace and quiet. It was nice to share things with each other and talk about other things that might help in our relationships with our children.

No comments: