Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bear Lake Weekend

We went up to Bear Lake for Memorial Weekend.  It was rainy and cool, but the kids just loved riding their bikes all over the place and swimming.  I did get a book read while watching them swim and ride bikes.


It was windy on and off all weekend and as soon as the wind picked up the kids were out with the kite.  It was a great kite, really easy to get up and keep up in the air.





We took a drive around the lake on Sunday and stopped to skip rocks.  I was finally able to get a few pictures of everyone that weren't blurry.




Playing with clay and watching the rain were good Sunday pastimes too.   

Morgan and Ethan were the only two brave enough to play on the beach for a bit, about a half hour.  It was a bit chilly.

Sunday evening the sun came out and we played some ultimate Frisbee. Ok I took pictures while everyone else played.... I had to make and clean up dinner in between games.  There weren't many people up there for the weekend and it really was beautiful even with the on and off rain showers all weekend.  We watched a movie every night... I think that is the most they have watched since being in America!

6 comments:

Betsy said...

Carlin, All the kids look darling and happy -- you must be doing something right!! Sounds like a perfect weekend getaway. Can't wait to spend time with you guys this summer.

mcjenn said...

Looks fun. lots of memories from Bear Lake. Haven't been there for a long time. The kids look happy.

Lori said...

What a darling family, Carlin. They all look happy. Did you cut Anastasia's hair a little? It looks very cute. I didn't get to talk to you much at lunch because I was trying to get educated about Dnipro. Are you coming next Tuesday? I want to hear about tutoring etc. and how everything is going? How are the missionary discussions going?

Wendy said...

How did I miss this post? I must have read the four week one and not scrolled down!
What a fun weekend. I love Bear Lake. I think you stay where we do. We usually go Labor Day weekend, but not this year, I just wasn't on top of things.
Looks like the kids are adjusting? I know you probably won't make it to lunch and we'll miss you.
I'd love to compare notes!
W

ruthy said...

Hey Carlin!

We love Bear Lake and are thinking of buying property there this year! It is Asher's favorite place (next to Moab)! It looks cold and lots and lots fun!

samsthree said...

I miss Bear Lake. How about you guys come up next year and we will go to outerbanks? I am looking into flights to see when we can come out and what works for us. We hope to see you all in July. The pictures are great and it looks like you really had a great time.