

I got to the hospital Friday a couple hours after Troy had left (he had to leave at 6 am). Ana was a little upset with me. I finally got it out of her that they pulled out her chest tube and Dad and I were not there and it hurt really bad! But she was happy I was there after about 15 minutes of not talking or looking at me. They also hadn't given her any Lortab since the middle of the night and she hadn't been complaining of pain so were just giving her Motrin. Amazingly she went the entire day just on Motrin! We went on walks and colored and played clay and dolls. She was feeling so much better once that chest tube came out. We walked to the toy room and played. It was great. They did another echo Friday and it looked great, so we had one more chest xray on Saturday and if it looked good she could go home.

They had her blow bubbles and on this horn to help her take deep breaths. She didn't like to breath deep with the chest tube in because it would hurt.

Uncle Brady stopped for a visit and brought some chips... since mom never gets her any.


Troy came over after work Friday for the overnight shift. She was so excited to walk to him and show him that they took her tube out. As I was leaving they were heading back down to the toy room for craft time when they passed a big wheel. The nurses told her she could ride it and they rode all around the hospital. Needless to say her chest xray looked great on Saturday and she and dad came home Saturday afternoon. We thought she might want a little rest, but no, she wanted to take the dog on a walk. We limited her to three houses. Then she watched the kids play basket ball and jump on the neighbors trampoline. After dinner we had a little bath and put her to bed. I went back not even 5 minutes later and she was out cold. I don't know how we'll keep her from doing things for 4-6 weeks! She just wants to be doing what the kids are doing.
5 comments:
Carlin, she is just darling. What cute pictures. I'm glad she's home.
She sounds very resilient; to be smiling after going through something painful and scary where most people don't speak the same language - amazing!
jennifer
What a brave little soul! Alex had such trauma with just immunizations I can't imagine a chest tube! I'm so glad she's home. Good luck keeping her down!
So glad she's doing well. She looks great! Say hi to everyone!
I am so happy it is all over. When you guys told me about Ana having her chest tube out I had flash backs of Olivia. They wanted to take her chest tube out with out pain meds and I wouldn't let them. I told them I wanted her on something. I am so glad Ana is up and running. Good luck on keeping her still.
Post a Comment