1 week ago
Thursday, February 12, 2009
The News!!!
The News!!! was the title of an email I had this afternoon from Eliana at our adoption agency! It was the first email I opened and one week and one day from submitting our dossier to the Ukraine government we received our SDA date in the Ukraine!! (2 1/2 weeks earlier than expected!) Our date is March 5th!!! Yes, three weeks from today we need to be in the Ukraine! We are so excited and shocked and dumbfounded : ) Wow. I was so planning for May that it has thrown me a little bit. But we are so thrilled that in a little over a month the kids will be here and we'll get them for the entire summer, well their entire lives, but they will get to meet all their cousins and family this summer and vacation with us. We have been asked not to tell the kids until we get over there (so anyone reading this please respect that also). So, I'm now off to plan the next couple weeks of our lives and make arrangements... Anyone recommend a good tudor?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I am so thrilled for you guys! That was incredible fast and gives us all hope that we'll move through the system quickly too! CONGRATS!! (I hope I didn't yell to loud on the phone when you told me earlier!!)
WOW!!! So exciting!! We hope to be able to see you next week, still. I know it's going to be CRAZY! We are so, so happy for you and can't wait to meet our new cousins!
That is wonderful news! You gotta elaborate on your reaction a little more. Did you scream? Laugh? cry? Just think -- you know when you are going to have your kids!! AWESOME. Congrats to you. Can't wait to hear all about it next Thursday. We're so happy for you!!
=Andreas & Carrie
I was noticing one more thing...look at the picture of Anya in the red dress and the white collar that you posted on Feb 5. Then scroll down to the picture of Ethan holding the little Y helmet at the BYU game. If I didn't know otherwise, I would guess that these 2 are already brother and sister, with the same quirky little grin. :)
Whoa...that is amazing. I am really excited for you. I saw you called yesterday and I tried to call back, but no answer. This news gives me butterflies. I hope everything runs through as smoothly for us. Good luck with the crazy busy preparations. I am freaking out just thinking about you leaving that soon. But how exciting!!!!!
That is the best news I have heard all week. I cannot wait for you guys!!! Good luck, is there anything we can do. We will watch your kids for you:-) LOL. Go get everything ready. Isabelle will be sooooo excited, she is still asking when she gets to meet them.
Great news!!!! I am so excited that you get to go so soon. You are so lucky that you have not had to wait too long. Three weeks time to get ready will be crazy but you will be over and back before you know it. Prepare for an emotional, once of a lifetime experience. Good luck to you. I think it is teriffic you guys are all getting your kids so quickly. They need to be here as soon as possible. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you since it has only been two months since I was there. Ann Carr
Wow!!! That is great news! And sooner than you thought...that RARELY happens in international adoption. Good luck with EVERYTHING! Your family, all of them, will be so blessed.
Carlin, wow I can't believe this. What a record breaker! I am so amazed. I have a Ukrainian blow dryer if you would like to borrow it.
So happy for you, life as you know it will never be the same.
Congratulations!!!! How very exciting!!!
Congratulations Carlin!! I'm so amazed at how quickly this is falling into place. What a blessing! It's the waiting that would be the hardest part for me.
Post a Comment