Thursday, May 14, 2009

Doctors and School

We returned to the doctor's office today to have their Tb shots looked at and both were positive, but the chest x-rays were clean. So the info is being sent to the cdc to find out if they will need to take the 9 months of antibiotics. I think I would prefer the yearly chest x-ray. We now have four appointments set up at Primary Childrens Hospital with one surgery looming in the future. June will be a busy month for us. Otherwise everyone is healthy and all the blood work came back negative, yeah!

I would love to hear about peoples school experiences. We just don't know what to do about school yet. Victor is doing ok, so far they don't think he is too far behind his grade level and as he learns the language he'll catch up. He's also pretty social and has a lot of neighborhood friends already. Ana doesn't like school and says she doesnt' need to learn English (I guess that comes with siblings who interpret everything for you : ) Tatiana is catching on to the language, but can do no math. We've talked to a couple people about her repeating 6th again (we felt it would be good for her too), but it puts her in with Victor and that really upset her and she said we had told her in the orphanage that she wouldn't be in school with the babies... etc. Anyone have any similar experiences? Any recommendations that we can mull over as we try to plan what would be best for the kids? I'm totally open right now.

4 comments:

Lobos Family said...

Hi Carlin,

We have a math program you could use that makes math easy for kids to understand. You can give me a call if you are interested!

Wendy said...

Who is having surgery?
I have no suggestions but I am looking for a summer English program. There is a ESL school close by and I'm going to talk to them about doing a child's class during the day. Would you be interested in driving the kids here a few times a week? I'm thinking the more kids I can get the more likely they might do it?
I think I need to find a tutor too. How is it working out with your tutor?
I should probably just call you!
W

Lori said...

Yes, I'm interested in who is having surgery. You have lots of decisions to make, huh? I wish I had some suggestions, but never having been through it, I just don't know. I'm sure you'll get the right answers, though.

Charrisse and Bob said...

Call me (or I can talk to you at lunch)and I can tell you what we did about school. We put Stephen in the 10th grade so he missed 9th and put Nadiya in 7th,she struggles with math also. It will all work out.