Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July






My parents took the kids Friday night for a sleep over so Troy and I could go out together. It was so nice not to worry about anyone. Although the next day Ethan and Morgan were sad they missed the fireworks at the NSL golf course. They are really great and they do them on the 3rd of July every year. They did do some at Grandma's and we can go next year.

So we met back up at the Centerville 4th of July Parade on Saturday morning. From what we understood, the kids said a parade was soldiers marching. So they were extremely excited to chase down the candy being thrown. Wise Grandma pulled out a bucket for everyone to deposit their candy in.

After the parade Troy took Tanya, Morgan, Ana and Ethan to the mountains to go fishing. Tanya and Ana were very jealous that Victor got to go up the last night of scout camp with Troy and Grant, so he had to even things out a bit. And when it was mentioned there was room for Victor, Tanya put her foot down. So Victor and I hung out. We helped Grandma pull out and throw away things at Great Grandma's house and then Victor had the pool to his self for the afternoon.

When we got home Troy was just getting home and the kids had a bag of gutted fish. Troy is a catch and release fly fisherman, but I was informed that when Morgan let the first fish go Tanya and Ana threw a fit. Thus they brought some fish home, funny thing is Tanya won't eat fish -- in fact, won't eat most meats (other than hot dogs). So here are pictures of the fishing trip.




3 comments:

Wendy said...

Alex was sure he'd bring home a fish to eat from his little day camp with scouts. He didn't-thank heavens-but I think that catching and EATING fish is a big deal in Ukraine. Constantine (our landlord/driver) often spoke of fishing and tried to convince James to come live in Ukraine, he said I could teach English and he and James could fish.
Funny that they'd want to bring them home and NOT eat them. Maybe they just wanted to show off what the caught?
It was so good to see you at lunch. Cute 4th pics!
W

samsthree said...

This makes me miss the Centerville parade. But I know Michael was happy not to go to a parade this year.
Mom was sure happy to get Victors help over at Grandmas house.
Love the fishing pictures. Did the kids eat the fish they caught?

Jen said...

Mmmm, were they good? I love fish!