Klint came up today to see a jazz game so we got to hang out quite a bit. It was fun. He gave us more details on Kate, and it sounds like she’s been having a tough time with the break-off of her engagement but is doing better and even went on a date with someone else last night.
Last night, mom and I went to a Republican event, a dinner for the Davis county republican party at the Davis County convention center. I think mom enjoyed it, though she wasn’t excited about going at first.. Some soldiers spoke and we sat at Congressman Chris Stewart’s table (you met him!).
Percy got groomed today, by that same woman (I forget her name) whose always done him. He’s so much more pleasant to have around when he’s clean.
Ethan and Ana pretty much watched TV all day. What are we going to do with those kids. Ethan did do a practice ACT. He’s getting there. Ana says she took a practice ACT at school but got bored after doing about a 5th of the questions and just guessed on the rest. Sigh.
Not much else I can think of at the moment. Will try to send something more spiritual tomorrow. Love you tons. Keep up the great work you are doing.
Dad
From: Morgan Keller
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:17 PM
Subject: Re: February 9
That sounds way fun! Send any pictures yous have got. Man sorry to hear about Kate! That sounds very stressful :(
Ahh I'm so jealous!! That sounds so cool I hope yous had heaps of fun.
This week was pretty awesome, except for when my companion got sick haha. We have 5 sets for March 2nd which is super exciting! It was all the work of the missionaries before me, but I am more than happy to be here with them to celebrate their exciting day :) My companion committed me to taking some Spanish chats, and although my Spanish is that of an 8 year olds, I have seen the Lord work through me. I sent a referral down to Mexico! I'm waiting for the missionaries to get back to me. If they don't call by Tuesday I'm going to be muy upset and track them down... We have been calling and calling down in South Africa trying to find someone to baptize Frank and Kingsley, but they keep telling us to call other bishops and branch presidents and it's not going anywhere which is more or less frustrating. Oh well I know it's all the Lords timing, it's just hard because they're ready just the members aren't. I'm trying to keep my weekly emails short so I have more time to email family, but then I end up telling family all the stories I would have sent in my weekly so it just goes around hahaha.
I love yous heaps! Thanks for all that you do for me. Tell Ana no, I haven't seen a real Kiwi yet but I'm working on it ;)
Much love,
Sister Keller
We read your letter for family prayer tonight. It was such a powerful letter, with the story of the 17 year old investigator going to early morning seminary and your comment that you rely on your testimony to be stronger than you are when people try to tear you down. Morgan—this is what real strength is, relying on faith to hold onto Christ, the good and purity that you mentioned, even when you can’t see the end from the beginning. I know the Lord is sustaining you.
Know that there have been times of painful doubt in most every faithful person’s life, doubt of one kind or another. I think of Oliver Cowdery who saw visions with Joseph and literally walked and talked with angels, but as the church grew and his role diminished and major setbacks happened, like the Kirtland safety society (the bank) failed, the temporal realities of life and its imperfections caused him to become estranged from Joseph Smith and the Church for many years. Faith sometimes can seem a hard way to go, very challenging, but then the next moment, the spirit lifts us, and the burden is light as a feather. Christ’s yolk is easy to bear, because if we let him, he does most of the pulling. We just have to let him.
Love you tons. Keep up the awesome work.
Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment