Sunday, September 15, 2019

--Fast and ye shall find--

Fun fact of the week: In New Zealand they call bell peppers "capsicum"!

Kia ora whanau!

This week was great! It's been one of those weeks that's been so busy I'm pretty sure it's only been a few days, but also so much happened it feels like two weeks worth of work done into one. The definite highlight of this week was we did a "fast and find"! On Wednesday, we woke up and ate breakfast with the district, then from 10am to 9pm we fasted and did nothing but find. We had no appointments, no OTC (I didn't know President Erekson could do that??) and just contacted potentials and street contacted the whole day! Basically I walked for 5 hours straight and could barely feel my feet by the end of it but t'was worth it when we found 2 new people to teach!! We had a lesson with one of them on Saturday and it went well! Everyone has different concerns but nothing we can't work past :)

The rest of the week was going to appointments from all the finding, and trying to catch up on studies :)
I'm so grateful for my time and opportunity to serve in New Zealand! I have met so many amazing people and it has brought so much joy into my life. Something my dad told me at the beginning of my mission I didn't quite understand is "what you're going to remember in 20 years is not the experiences, but the people." Even now I can't recall every P day that I've had, but I do remember specific doors we knocked on that weren't interested, or members from different wards when I went on exchanges. Cherish the people in your life, they will give you some of the best memories.

I love love yous all!! Have a great great week! :)

I'm going to send a lot of pictures of Sisters that I serve around because I absolutely love all of them and they've become good friends and play such an important role in my life??
1) Sister Allred... again.. she's crazy but I love her
2) sister Mecahm-Brown ! we have the same brain wave and our minds just function the same?
3) The most amazing Tahitian in the world who can cook ,clean, sing, dance, and fight??
4) sister Wihongi who is such a Babbbbeee and crack up and appreciates my weird humour
5) sister Raymond who blesses her food even when she lost what are the odds and has to eat vegimite and salt on a spoon (yuck) and who has seen every meme and the entire "important videos" playlist so basically is amazing.











No comments: