That week she told the therapist that she doesnt' have a family -- pretty much because I was mad at her (because she wouldn't say thank you, why didn't I let that one go?). It festered and by Friday I got mad so I sat all the kids down and we had a talk about why mom was mad and so I could say sorry (I feel like that is all I did this summer was say sorry for everything... flash back of a very stressful/crazy summer). So yesterday in therapy she said she wanted to have a family again because mom loved her. I feel like I'm walking on a tight rope, I do one thing and depending on how she interprets it the world is good or bad. I know it's just the attachement (talking doesn't work, it's a brain thing) and where she is mentally and the last two months have been pretty good, it's just so much more work and pressure than I ever imagined.
Lots of firsts for her and me. She never had a "big" birthday and I never thought anyone could hate their birthday.... good thing there is next year. baby steps...
2 comments:
Carlin,
I know what you mean about one minute they love and the next they don't. I call Katya Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde because one minute she is perfectly happy and the next she is mad about something - half the time you don't even know what! Good grief!
Wow Carlin you truly are amazing! I admire you and all that you are about! I wish to be at least a fraction of what you are someday! I really mean this!!
Love,
Cherie
Post a Comment