Sunday, October 7, 2018

Letter from Sister Keller - Fun Fact of the Week!

Fun fact of the week! 
There is a pretty famous flavor in NZ that is Orange chocolate chip. It tastes like those chocolate oranges you get at Christmas haha 

This week was busy but way fun! We had exchanges on Tuesday and Wednesday, so two sisters from Gisbon (which is about 2 hours away) came up and tracted around Opotiki with us! We learned a lot from them and it was way fun. Sister Adlard (one of the sisters from Gisbon) knows one of the Elders in our district and asked him to make pasta for us. He is an amazing chef and it was honestly some of the best pasta I've ever had hahahahah 

So there is this really cool thing in Opotiki called the Pawars. So the Pawars is when all of the kids play sports (like rugby, basketball and handball) and all of the adults come and watch. it's a huuuge event and people fly in from Australia to watch kids of all ages play in the Pawars. I'ts way cool to see a community so involved with the youth! The pawars also bring a lot of fundraising opportunities. Since the Hamilton Temple is closed down for a while, our branch is raising money to go to the temple in Samoa in July. So they decided to do a fundraiser at the Pawars, and worked very hard all weekend. We spent a good chunk of our weekend helping them sell food. It was super fun to work with the members!
I hope you all had an amazing week! We don't get to watch conference until next weekend, so I'll write some of my thoughts about the talks next Monday. Thanks to everyone for supporting me! I love reading your emails every  week so don't be afraid to send any!
Love yous all!

Sister Keller 

1. Amazing pasta cooked by Elder Hermansen
2. A church burned down across the street from us
3. My cute Soa! (companion in Samoan)
4. I. HATE. COCKROACHES. (Seriously does anyone know how to get rid of them??)















No comments: