Sunday, December 16, 2018

Letter From Sister Keller

Fun quote of the week: nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care
-Elder Borders (I ran out of fun facts so I asked the Elders for a quote)

This week was transfers!
I have a new companion and she is way awesome! Her name is sister Perry and shes from Tahiti! I never thought I'd serve with someone louder and taller than me, but she is so bubbly and talkative I love it! We lost a few brave souls from our district, but also gained some new missionaries so it will be a good change.

We've been walking heaps this week because sister Keller was a little silly and misplaced her drivers license. We have seen many blessings though so that's been cool. One time we were walking to an appointment and this woman stopped us and asked if we had any literature for her to read. I didn't have a Book of Mormon on me (the one time...) so I gave her a restoration pamphlet and we told her we'd come back later to discuss it. It was a small blessing that helped us feel that we were on the right  path, even if that path was very hot and made our feet sore.

The other big thing that happened this week was the Branch Christmas Dinner! We asked each member to bring a less active or nonmember friend, and almost everyone did. So we had heaps of people to work with and invited them all to church the next morning. Quite a few showed up which was way exciting. Our Gospel Principles class was on faith, and we had a really good discussion on what faith is and why it's important. I'm very happy to see the work progressing!

Since Christmas is just around the corner (8 days but who's counting....) I've been reading about Christ's life and His ministry. One of my favorite scriptures is in John 20:15, where Christ is talking to Mary right after He rose from the tomb. When Mary first sees Him, she supposes Him to be a gardener and says "if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away."

I love Mary in this verse, especially because of her thoughts and actions. When she assumed that his body was removed from the grave for some unknown reason, her first impulse was to take the body and keep it safe. She must have been devastated when she saw the empty tomb with the last remnant of her master removed from it, but still she would do everything in her power to protect His sacred body.

I know at times we get irritated when unwanted responsibility is placed on us. But I'm striving to have the mindset of Mary, and understand what's important and immediately prepare myself to do what I know I should do. When we are always prepared to take on ourselves difficult challenges for the better good, we will be able to gain Christs trust as Mary did moments later as she cried at His feet.

I hope yous all have a wonderful week filled with Christmas spirit!
Much love,
Sister Keller

1. Sister Ieremia my favorite trainer
2-3. Sis Perry and I!!
4.  Elder Powell, transferred to South Auckland






No comments: