1 week ago
Sunday, March 10, 2019
This is NEWTON -- From Sister Keller
Fun fact of the week: I have been asked multiple times if I'm from NZ because I use so much slang! Hahaha
This week was transfers!! I'm staying in Nawton, and am companions with Sister Fonua again!!! This will be her fourth transfer in Nawton, and I'm so pumped to be working with her again! We're going to get some good work done!
I feel like I haven't talked about the OTC in a while so I'll update you a bit on that :) some of the funniest phone calls I get to make are to the missionaries after sending a request to local, especially the Elders. As all of you know, I like to be sassy when appropriate. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not. For example. One time I was calling these two Elders to give them some back ground information on a Book of mormon request, and asked if I could tell them more about the referral. One cheeky Elder responded with "isnt that why you're calling?" And so I made a snarky remark and carried on. The next time I called his companion made him apologize to me! Haha
Another time I had been working with Elders down in Guatamala (the sisters found out I speak Spanish and now transfer all of the Spanish requests to me... RIP) and one of them used the fact that they were a zone leader against me so I laughed and reminded him I was giving the referral. He got a little upset so I had to tone it down after that...
To be a little bit more spiritual, I'll share a cool experience at the OTC. The Wi-Fi went down, which meant we couldnt do any work, since the whole OTC is dependent on computers. Most the sisters, myself included, decided it would be a good time to take a break since we couldnt do anything. But one of the STLs was actually thinking, and asked if we could all kneel and say a prayer. As soon as the prayer was said, the Wi-Fi was working again! I learned two valuable lessons: there is never time to waste when a missionary, and prayer will honestly work if you are sincere.
A really cool spiritual thought I'd like to share is in Alma 61:14. It reads: Therefore, my beloved brother, Moroni, let us resist evil, and whatsoever evil we cannot resist with our words, yea, such as rebellions and dissensions, let us resist them with our swords, that we may retain our freedom, that we may rejoice in the great privilege of our church, and in the cause of our Redeemer and our God.
Even though we do not have to necessarily resist evil with swords, sometimes our words are not enough. That is when our actions come into play. Many times people will attack us with words, but refuse to listen when we respond. The only way to maintain our courage in order to move on is to act how the Saviour would act. They can choose to not listen to our words, but they cannot unsee our actions. I know that my testimony has grown stronger as I have tried my hardest to act as I know Christ would want me to act.
I hope yous all have a wonderful week.
Much love,
Sister Keller
Oh yeah P.S if my email comes from morgan.55@missionary.org, that's my address I use at the OTC and I forgot to change it today Haha. It's still me, I pinky promise!!
Love love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment