Fun fact of the week: they call sprinkles "hundreds and thousands" here in NZ. no tengo ni idea de porqué...
It's been a very busy week with very few exciting stories. So here are some highlights of the week :)
1. Monday and Tuesday I was very sick, so we weren't able to do much work. But I'm all goods now!
2. I played basketball in heels (adding onto the "things I never thought I'd do in heels" list a while back...)!
3. We thought our flat got broken into, but it was just the insulation guy haha. Didn't stop us from calling our poor District Leader...
4. We had an FHE with our recent convert family at the mission office where we watched Meet the Mormons!
5. The queue is broken at the OTC so a bunch of Spanish requests keep coming in. I talked to like 5 people in Spanish for the first time in a long time because I've been avoiding it, and my brain got a little frazzled.
6. I got a package with stateside peanut butter and cereal :))) (thanks mama you're the best!)
Kind of a cool story! About a week ago we were walking past this kid on a scooter and he said "are you guys Mormon? My mom used to be a Young Womens president. You should go visit her." Then he gave us his address! We finally got around to visiting the address on Saturday, and it's a less active family with one kid not baptized. They want us to start teaching them again :) I think these are the coolest stories, when those ready to receive the gospel find us instead of the other way around.
For my spiritual thought, I'd like to share 1 Nephi 11:16-17 which read
16 And he said unto me: Knowest thou the condescension of God?
17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.
I love these verses because Nephi admits that he is not knowledgable in all things, yet still he had enough faith to see an angel and receive revelation like that of his father, a prophet. There are times we feel like we dont have as much experience or knowledge as others, but that doesn't limit our faith or the miracles we can potentially receive.
I know this gospel is true, and am so happy and blessed to be a missionary!!
Much love,
Sister Keller
In my email caption, by friends i mean the different animals I met this week. Sleepy the hedgehog, Fonua the missionary, and Abbie the Frog :)
1 week ago




No comments:
Post a Comment