Sunday, May 25, 2008

Who doesn't love dirt?


With Troy in India for a couple weeks I figured I was safe to have a pile of dirt delivered.  For those who didn't know Troy really hates a dirty garage, car (his, he doesn't care what mine looks like) and/or driveway.  Numerous times he has had to put up with all three because he married me.  True Love.  So, yesterday we moved a lot of dirt and got the garden in and planted and moved some bushes around.  The kids, and neighbor kids, were extremely helpful filling buckets with dirt and dumping them in the garden for me.  As you can see after they were done dumping they turned the pile of dirt into a bike ramp.  At one point we had 12 boys over riding their bikes through the dirt.  I told the neighbor we just need to bring in a pile of dirt every summer and the kids will be happy all summer.  Who needs water parks, vacations, Lagoon for that matter if you have a huge pile of dirt?  A couple of boys are trying to find ways to convince me not to use the dirt.  I've told them to just enjoy it, they have another week, then it's got to go.  It will all be going to the back yard.  We are raising the back yard a bit so we can put in a playhouse... hopefully the huge pile of bricks on the other end of the driveway will be gone too before Troy gets home.   It is a little tricky to get in and out of the garage.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

How fun! I know that my boys love our big pile of dirt too and it is totally the best toy EVER for all ages! Enjoy your week with it...because you too will miss it Carlin!