Monday, October 6, 2008

Friday's 4th Grade Field Trip

This is one of the few landmarks on earth that you can see from outer space!  The Kennecott Copper Mine.
Morgan was very impressed with the size of the tires on the machines that work in the copper mine.  Lots of tire pictures.



Pictures from the water treatment plant.






























Morgan's friends.

Friday, Morgan's 4th grade class went on a field trip to a water treatment plant and then to the Kennecott Copper Mines (which I've always wanted to go to and still haven't done).  I couldn't go with their group so I sent her with a camera.  She took a total of 97 pictures on the field trip!  A handful were fuzzy, but most of them turned out great.  

Morgan telling about her field trip:

I loved seeing the big tire and how big it was, it was about the size of a house.  There were also a lot of cool displays.  One was a house and when you touched the buttons different rooms would light up.  One button you touched turned the TV on in the living room.  There were some cool statues and some cool artifacts, like the dinosaur bones they had found while digging.  

At the water treatment plant I was a little worried that I would drop Grant's camera in the water.  Luckily I didn't.  There were lots of different cool colored chemicals that they put in the water to make it clean, I liked watching that.  There were lots of big ponds that they pumped the water into outside.  I asked the guide if they ever found any ducks in the water and he said they found more than that.  They have seen deer, rabbits, foxes, raccoons, and ducks that would come drink from the ponds.  (Mom: I think I'm a little unsure about our drinking water... chemicals and animals, oh my!)

3 comments:

Grandma Rita said...

Miss Morgan, I am very impressed with your field trip pictures. You knew what we all wanted to see of the Bingham copper mine. I took pictures of the big trucks and tires when I went there years ago with Grandma Hancock.

I think it was nice that you took a picture of the manager of the water treatment plant, he probably doesn't get asked to pose for many pictures. You are AWESOME!!! xoxoxo Grandma T

samsthree said...

Your pictures were great Morgan. I thought your Mom went on the field trip with you. I love to see what you guys are up too. Keep up the postings.

We love and miss you tons.

JTCheneyClan said...

Good stuff. Tricia wants to do a field trip there as well.