Thursday, February 4, 2010

Grant and Colin baking


How to keep two 13/14 year old boys entertained. They want to hang out with girls and I'm not quite ready for that, they aren't yet 14! Plus I've explained and explained that meeting up with girls somewhere without adult supervision is a date. Right? Someone back me up on this, please. I like the no dating till your 16 rule and Grant knows it. So to distract them I listed a dozen things they could do... not including toilet papering or egging which they continually kept adding in. We found a happy middle ground with making cookies. We did get a couple nice batches out before they began making crazy faces with red hots. And secretly I enjoyed spending the hour with them in the kitchen. Hopefully baking cookies will distract them for the next two years...





If this video downloads it is of Grant singing at the assembly. And for the first time ever he is in the front instead of hiding in the back!!

2 comments:

Leslie Redhead said...

Hahahaha! Good luck distracting them with cookies. They might end up as round as one if it does work. I do agree with you though. An unsupervised "meeting" with a girl is a date.

samsthree said...

Don't look forward to those days. Keep it up, but I agree no dating until you are 16 and as you said that sounds like a date. Good luck.