Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend




Happy Easter!  I finally got pictures to upload...  As you could see the highlight for Troy this Easter weekend was catching a little brown trout.  Now you have a glimpse into our weekend adventures in Colorado.  Every time we went in or out of a canyon we stopped for Troy to look at the fish in the streams and rivers or to try and catch fish.  

Other highlights of the weekend were:  Our great neighbor, Mark Massey, who taught Morgan to ride her bike last year spent the weekend teaching Ethan to ride a bike!  Very exciting, no more training wheels.  All week last week our kids spent their afternoons riding bikes.  It's sure nice having sunny days so that they can be outside.

Saturday was the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt/Brunch.  It is always a lot of fun to watch the kids find the eggs, even Grant still gets excited to go to it and this is his last year.  Sunday we had a quiet Easter Day.  The kids got up and looked through their baskets and then found the egg that determined the color of eggs they find through out the house.  We made some cookies  after church and had ice cream with the neighbors that night.  Nice quiet holiday.

Monday we took Troy to the airport, yes poor guy is still on crutches!  He'll be in Europe all week with work -- hope he sends postcards.  Later in the afternoon a roommate from my BYU days, who is visiting from Sweeden, stopped by with her family.  It was so wonderful to visit with her and meet her beautiful family.  (of course I didn't think to get a picture of us)  Her children didn't speak much English, but it didn't stop them from running around and playing with everyone.

So... that brings me to today.  The kids went off to school and I've run my errands so I think life has returned to normal.  It's 3 pm and I'm watching the kids get off the bus, time to switch gears and run them around and get dinner going.  Later.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Those easter baskets are to die for! I just love them and I can't get over how adorable Morgan's little hair cut is!! I love you guys and miss you so much. We'll be coming to see you soon.