Friday, March 28, 2008



Ethan was really torn between having a mini-golf birthday with 4 friends or a birthday party at the house with 11 friends!  We finally opted for the 11 friends birthday party.  We decided a good birthday party, where you can use binoculars, would be something with an explorer theme.  We came up with come Monkey Around for Ethan's 6th birthday.  We had tons and tons of fun.  We played some games with balloons and sticky bugs so the kids could show me they were ready to catch some monkeys.  We then decked them out with binoculars, compasses, monkey treats and bags to carry everything and sent them off to find their matching monkey.  They were so cute and a lot of fun... I think a couple of them got turned into monkey's by the end and hopefully their mothers will forgive me.  We had cake and then went on a treasure hunt.  Since it snowed the night before I had to bring the sand (where the treasures were to be buried) in and put into a swimming pool in the garage with fans on it trying to dry it out!  Crazy.  We also borrowed my parents jump house and I blew it up on tarps because everything was still wet.  I don't think the kids noticed and after they stuffed their bags with treasure they spent 30 minutes in the freezing cold jumping in the bounce house.  I thought they would last about 5 minutes.  So, Happy Crazy Monkey Birthday to Ethan!!  Love you my big 6 year old (even though he kept trying to convince all the kids it was his 7th -- who knows).

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That looks like an awesome birthday party! Happy Birthday Ethan!

Anonymous said...

Carlin, I'm totally copying this idea next year for Sam!
Jen

Betsy said...

Want to come and be the birthday lady at my kid's parties? You always do such great ones and this is no exception. Sounds like a blast!!