Moving forward to the story of my day. I took Percy in to Becky to get his hair and nails trimmed, doesn't he look handsome. When I drive around with him in the car I shut the end of his leash in the car door and when we are on neighborhood roads I roll down the window for him. Side note: if he's in the car I have to lock the windows because he paws at the window button until the window rolls down. So we are driving home and are close enough that I roll the window half way down and before long it's all the way down. I have this fleeting thought to roll the window back up and lock it and then I think that is stupid, there is no way he'll jump out of the car. So what does the crazy dog do one block from our house? Jumped out the window! Did I notice? Unfortunately not until I was pulling into the drive way. So I turn around and go look for him. I was so afraid it hurt is neck, ok I thought it may have broke his neck, because the entire leash was gone from the door. I'm driving and no Percy anywhere. I went home to see if he made it home and had a message from this guy who found Percy limping on the road before our street. He brought Percy by and I thanked him and then I noticed he was just sitting in his car for a bit. Should I have offered him a reward? Anyway, Percy is fine and running around. I'm super glad because I really didn't want to explain a dead dog to my kids.
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment