Monday, June 15, 2009

hot dogs and marshmallows

Ethan has wanted to roast hot dogs and marshmallows since school got out, but it has rained non stop since school got out. Finally last Thursday in between rain showers we trekked to the fire pit and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Victor was right at home cooking on the fire, they would build fires in the forest (almost everyday we were there) and roast potatoes over the fire or in little tin cans. Tanya and Ana did not like the smoke, but persevered since they love hot dogs and marshmallows.



4 comments:

samsthree said...

Love it, Isabelle has been asking when we can have a fire since school is out. Did you guys put one in your back yard? If so we need to roast marshmellows and hot dogs when we come out.

Lori said...

So was this a "first" for your three "new" kids? Thanks for posting on my blog. I need all the support I can get.

Wendy said...

I am so sick of this rain!! At least you caught the sun for a few minutes! We have everything for s'mores too as we were planning on camping this weekend but alas, we didn't go do to the very wet weather.

Jen said...

Those smores look so good right now! We are enjoying ourselves! Thanks for your support. Hang in there trying to make those meals for 8...wow! I can't imagine that right now, but know that we will be nearly there in not too long!!!