Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lagoon last Saturday

To top off a good week (two weeks ago) we went and got our Lagoon passes. Grandma bought all the kids lagoon passes for their birthdays this year. I think she really knew I might need to get out a little more often this summer. Or needed a little bribery tool... hmmm. I wasn't able to post these because I had left my camera at my moms.
Ethan and friend
Ethan, Victor and Grant on the Merry-go-round
Tanya on a horse!
Ana on the Merry-go-round
Before riding the Colossus. Ana was a couple inches too short so she couldn't ride, which broke her heart because everyone else was able to go and up to this point she was definitely the bravest. But we got to ride the Music Express while waiting for them, it was hilarious to watch her hold on.
Grant and Morgan on the new Dragon ride

Ok, this is where we started, at the Lady bug ride. Tanya and Victor were pretty freaked out and wouldn't go near it. Ana was super excited and got in line with Grant, Morgan and Ethan. As they were getting on the ride Tanya tried to pull Ana through the fence so she wouldn't go on the ride. Troy had taken them to a little amusement park in Ukraine that he said they loved and when we drove by Lagoon they got so excited. But it was pretty scary looking once we were there. Ana had a great time. While we were waiting we watched the new Dragon ride go round and round in circles. I asked Victor if he wanted to ride and he shook his head and said no. Then he saw Ana smiling and laughing and he pointed to the ride and said, "Victor yes". So we got in line for the Dragon, but Ana couldn't ride without an Adult and I was trying to get one of the kids to go sit with Tanya while she watched us. I think she realized what was going on and reluctantly got on the ride with us. She looked like death as the ride went around and around, I was so worried. When we got off she still looked soooo scared. I asked her if she was ok, she said she was ok. Morgan wanted to go on the Bat, so we walked over so they could see it. When Tanya saw it was a roller coaster she got excited. It was a success. After that she wanted to ride all the big roller coasters. Victor rode everything the kids rode, but when Morgan opted not to ride Wicked he stayed behind with us. So I don't think he is the roller coaster fan that Tanya is.

Over all it was a good three hours we spent there... I was totally exhausted and I think it was plenty for the kids for their first day at an amusement park. Tanya actually choose to ride with Morgan on a couple rides instead of with Ana. Ana and I became buddies because she can't ride a lot of stuff or has to have an adult with her. We may have to get her a pair of hills or some growth hormones (kidding).

4 comments:

Lori said...

Carlin, I'm so glad you posted. We missed you at our lunch. I wanted to hear how the English and tutoring and everything else is going. Your kids look happy. I'm leaving in five day, and I'm really nervous.

Jen said...

Looks like fun! What a fun gift!

Wendy said...

Can you imagine how overwhelming Lagoon would be for them? I didn't see anything but Ferris wheels and some spinning rides in Ukraine. Alex loved it but his stomach is not use to the drops and dives like my other kids.
I'm so glad you posted and sorry I didn't see it sooner. I think you're not showing up on my dashboard. Are you private again?

samsthree said...

I love the pictures. I cannot stress how much I love the blogging with us being so far away. It looks like Lagon was a success. When we came out we can pair Ana with Belle. They might be around the same height. Although it sounds like she is a dare devil. Can't wait to see you in Aug. This post just gets me that much more excited. We have told Belle, but are waiting to tell the Austin and Olivia closer to when we come out. Happy summer vacation.