Friday, June 19, 2009

Oquirrh Temple and Hair cuts

Two Saturdays ago we went through the Oquirrh temple open house. It was fun to go through with all the kids. Tanya and Ana did like all the chandlers, Victor we are finding is pretty religious and seemed interested in everything. He pointed things out and asked questions. Anya was such a good sport, just home from her mission to Russia, she came and interpreted for Tanya, Victor and Ana. (Anya is in the gree skirt).

We learn two things every time we have someone new interpret for the kids. One that Ana does have some sort of speech impediment, one day we'll figure that out. Two, that I'm a sinner. I'm putting this in because I find it comical. Every interpreter we have had Tanya has asked them if it's a sin to wear make up, pierce your ears or wear heels (which I only wear to church). Every interpreter says no. Then Tanya says it is a sin because the bible doesn't say that we can do those things. Then she points all those things out on me and shrugs her shoulders. Even today Morgan and the neighbor were talking about pierced ears and Tanya told them devil and sin. Then she told Morgan, Mom pretty, then shook her head and said sin, evil. Poor Morgan came in asking if she really ment it. For me, I know it's something that will work itself out or we'll be able to talk about once we can communicate in English... It does make me chuckle. When it is more difficult is when she sees someone with pearcings or tatoos and she points to them shaking her head or saying, "Mom, mom sin". At lagoon this week she walked up to these guys with tatoos and touched them shaking her head. I had to run over and tell them she had been in an orphanage and found them fascinating : )

Before we went to the temple that morning we took all the kids in for a hair cut. These are just random pictures of the kids getting their hair cuts.

Rachel started to shave the sides of Grants hair and I had to snap a picture. Total 80's flash backs. All the new wave groups. Made me think of the lead singer from Ah-ha or Flock of Sea Gulls.

Victor was really excited to get his hair cut, he felt it was getting too long in the back. Finally a boy who thinks like Troy.






No comments: