Monday, October 4, 2010

Just stuff...

I saw a link to this blog with some statistics about orphans in Ukraine and found it interesting so I thought I'd post it here.


Also, If anyone is interested in hosting a child from the Ukraine at the end of October, they are looking for a couple more host families. You can find out more about Save a Child here and thier silent auction and concert in November here.


Or if you or anyone you know would like to visit an orphanage in Nicaragua, there is a great group of people going in January! You can see the information here.

Last, but not least... I'll be sending out an email with more information, but in the next month Grant is cutting and tieing blankets for a couple orphanages in Kremenchuk (where we weren't able to adopt from) for his Eagle Project. He has material for 30 blankes! He will also be collecting small toys, socks and girl stuff like finger nail polish and lip gloss. Just a heads up for those who might like to help him out.

5 comments:

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

What a great Eagle project... my husband's whole family are BSA guys, all eagles or working towards it, I should spread the good idea...

The Horlachers said...

Carlin, can I put that information about his project on the SAC blog? That is an excellent project. Kudos to him!

Also, that blog link about the stats is great. That is amazing stuff. Very sobering. After reading that, you have to feel pretty good about saving your 3 kids from a life like that. Thanks for sharing. Great post!

Tiffany said...

I can make those little flower hair clips if they count as, "girl stuff." Or help with blankets, just let me know.
Tiff

standfortruth said...

Carlin,

I appreciated the orphan statistics you linked to and they sure seem a lot more accurate to what we saw in Ukraine than the scary statistics that we were told about before we went to Ukraine. I am so happy that things are looking up for the kids.

Wendy said...

I agree with Christy! The stats were much more promising and encouraging. Not good by any means but not as bleak as we'd been lead to believe. Especially the "turning them out at 16" part.
Awesome eagle project!