Running with the greats
This week was much more eventful than last week! What really made it
super awesome was District meeting here in Nimes! We had a member who,
when he heard other missionaries were coming to Nimes, was so excited
to see us all that he said he would make food for the whole district.
But I am pretty convinced he just likes to talk to sister
missionaries. Our conversation over the phone was pretty funny. He
asked how many missionaries would be here Thursday. I said Eight. He
asked if there were any sisters coming. I said we would have two
sister missionaries coming. " so there will be ten missionaries" he
responded. I explained that we were going to have two sisters, Connel
and I, the elders from Montpellier, and then the zone leaders. Eight
in total. He retorted " The zone leaders too! That makes twelve
Missionaries coming over!" I know French isnt my first language but I
know I was clear in my explanations! hahaha
After District meeting we had a finding activity. All Eight of us
missionaries hit the road with three other members and contacted
people in the park. We ended up fixing three appointments! Super cool,
one of the appointments was with Luis! Luis was walking down the road
with a huge duffel bag, a full size laptop(the new mac book air
Hunter), and a giant cantine. We asked if we could help him carry
stuff, he thanked us and let us carry his gear. We talked for a few
minuets and learned that he is now my favorite person in the world,
sorry mom, he litterally lives in a Mansion and owns a computer
company that makes websites and other programing things. SUPER COOl!
haha, We met up with him again Sunday night because he wanted to learn
about mormons. He told us that he has met three or four mormons while
doing business in las vegas and in Germany and that they have always
fascinated him. Surprisingly he knows a bit about us, he has already
read some of the book of mormon and knows that we dont drink and eat
certain things. Our Lesson with him was really good, we taught the
restoration promised him that if he prays about the book of mormon
that he will get an answer. He told us that he will read the entire
book of Mormon before he sees us again. However, we may not see him
right away as he often goes down to Cannes to do work. Hopefully we
can see him again this week.
Hortense, we finally remade contact with Hortense and we took an
african member with us who comes from the same central african
country. This lesson, in comparison to our lesson with Luis, was
awful. Half way through explaining the importance of the priesthood
the member that was with us decided to explain ALL of Joseph Smith
history. I wont go into detail just know that it could have gone a lot
better. She took a book of mormon, someone took her other one, and she
promised to read it :)
I went on exchange with Elder Spencer. The Montpellier zone leader, we
taught their investigator who owns Twelve Porches. He came late to the
meeting because he was signing a contract to build a private garage to
house all his porches. He was really cool, Wants to find the true
religion. However, he progresses slowly. Really cool guy though! haha
While on exchange I got to run with Elder Spencer, he ran on the BYU
track team so basically he just jogged while I tried to match pace. It
was really fun! That kid has speed though! haha
Et Voila, Im doing well, Elder Connell ran a mile in 7:1 second! He
has literally dropped twenty seconds of his mile time each week. Its
been really cool, He has also lost like seven kilos this past month!
Fun stuff!
Avec amour,
Elder Keller
I bought the skinniest pair of Pants I could fit in when all the sales
were going around.
This week was much more eventful than last week! What really made it
super awesome was District meeting here in Nimes! We had a member who,
when he heard other missionaries were coming to Nimes, was so excited
to see us all that he said he would make food for the whole district.
But I am pretty convinced he just likes to talk to sister
missionaries. Our conversation over the phone was pretty funny. He
asked how many missionaries would be here Thursday. I said Eight. He
asked if there were any sisters coming. I said we would have two
sister missionaries coming. " so there will be ten missionaries" he
responded. I explained that we were going to have two sisters, Connel
and I, the elders from Montpellier, and then the zone leaders. Eight
in total. He retorted " The zone leaders too! That makes twelve
Missionaries coming over!" I know French isnt my first language but I
know I was clear in my explanations! hahaha
After District meeting we had a finding activity. All Eight of us
missionaries hit the road with three other members and contacted
people in the park. We ended up fixing three appointments! Super cool,
one of the appointments was with Luis! Luis was walking down the road
with a huge duffel bag, a full size laptop(the new mac book air
Hunter), and a giant cantine. We asked if we could help him carry
stuff, he thanked us and let us carry his gear. We talked for a few
minuets and learned that he is now my favorite person in the world,
sorry mom, he litterally lives in a Mansion and owns a computer
company that makes websites and other programing things. SUPER COOl!
haha, We met up with him again Sunday night because he wanted to learn
about mormons. He told us that he has met three or four mormons while
doing business in las vegas and in Germany and that they have always
fascinated him. Surprisingly he knows a bit about us, he has already
read some of the book of mormon and knows that we dont drink and eat
certain things. Our Lesson with him was really good, we taught the
restoration promised him that if he prays about the book of mormon
that he will get an answer. He told us that he will read the entire
book of Mormon before he sees us again. However, we may not see him
right away as he often goes down to Cannes to do work. Hopefully we
can see him again this week.
Hortense, we finally remade contact with Hortense and we took an
african member with us who comes from the same central african
country. This lesson, in comparison to our lesson with Luis, was
awful. Half way through explaining the importance of the priesthood
the member that was with us decided to explain ALL of Joseph Smith
history. I wont go into detail just know that it could have gone a lot
better. She took a book of mormon, someone took her other one, and she
promised to read it :)
I went on exchange with Elder Spencer. The Montpellier zone leader, we
taught their investigator who owns Twelve Porches. He came late to the
meeting because he was signing a contract to build a private garage to
house all his porches. He was really cool, Wants to find the true
religion. However, he progresses slowly. Really cool guy though! haha
While on exchange I got to run with Elder Spencer, he ran on the BYU
track team so basically he just jogged while I tried to match pace. It
was really fun! That kid has speed though! haha
Et Voila, Im doing well, Elder Connell ran a mile in 7:1 second! He
has literally dropped twenty seconds of his mile time each week. Its
been really cool, He has also lost like seven kilos this past month!
Fun stuff!
Avec amour,
Elder Keller
I bought the skinniest pair of Pants I could fit in when all the sales
were going around.
No comments:
Post a Comment