Saturday, February 9, 2008


This is us last night at the new Costa Vida restaurant here in Bountiful. Very fresh, tasty food (the tortillas are made in front of you). I have a bit of history with this place, having done some of the franchise's legal work a few years ago. Glad to see it taking off here in Utah.

I reported to the kids on my trip to Washington DC this week for some company meetings. We had had some pockets of downtime here and there and I and some colleagues visited the Native American museum at one point. I came away mostly impressed with the sheer number of completely different cultures that have lived in the Americas over the last several thousand of years. Quite awing really when you think of the countless number of individuals who've walked and talked and lived lives, and we know next to nothing about them. Somehow, I wasn't quite able to convey this sentiment to the kids. I think the solution to getting them to increase their cultural awareness must be to give them more chores.

They did seem interested in my recounting of lunch at an Ethiopian restaurant near our hotel. I think their imaginations were captivated by the concept of eating without utensils. They also liked the idea of the turn-down service in the hotel. I think it came across as sort of like being tucked in, except you also get chocolates!

1 comment:

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Watch out...you may become addicted. I know I have.
Blaine and I are obsessed with Costa Vida. They just opened one in Loveland and so we go once a month with some friends...standing date. We really miss Cafe Rio but Costa Vida makes up for it.