Fun fact of the week: sister Perry's favourite food is mayonnaise. I know this because she has a jar she brings to all the members house who feed us for dinner in case they don't have any :)
This week has been pretty solid! Here are some good things that have happened this weeeeek!
Fortunate Event 1. On Tuesday, we went to visit Tanya. Since it happened to be on New Years, we knew there was a possibility she would be drunk, and drunk she was. But despite her intoxication, she was really excited to see us and invited us in. When we sat down she asked "you dont care that I'm drinking?" We responded with of course we didnt, we were there for her, and we loved her. When we said that, she started sobbing. Through her tears she told us that she just wanted to quit smoking and drinking and was so done with all of it. Then she turned to me and said "you are different from other palangi (white people). you have a light, something different. I want what you have" I was so touched by her words and explained that I was there to share what I have with her. This was definitely not how we has hoped our first meeting with Tanya would go, but I can tell she has a lot of love for Christ in her and I'm excited to keep working with her.
Fortunate Event 2. We had an amazing lesson with Pearl and Naney again this week! Naney is starting to understand more, and Pearl came to church this Sunday which was awesome! (Funny side note: for our object lesson with Naney we took two pieces of tape and started them at the same point on the floor but then stretched them across the room like a triangle. The object was to try to walk down both lines at the same time, but you can't because they stretch too far. So we teach you can only choose one path, either the path to God or not. Before we could even being the lesson, Naney sat in the middle and said "I'm the eye to the illuminati sign, sister Keller come sit down and be the mouth!" I love her SO MUCH)
Fortunate Event 3. We had the first fast and testimony meeting of the year, and I ended up sitting next to a convert of 6 years from South Auckland. She told me in all those six years she had never born her testimony in front of everyone before. Then about half way through she turned to me and said "I'll do it if you do it!" Man if you want to make a missionary feel special do that :,) so we both bore our testimonies and it was spiritually beautiful!
I hope each of yous had a week full of good events!
For my spiritual thought this week I was going through some of my notes this week on my gospel library app (yay technology!) And came across Matthew 7:
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
This reminded me of a general conference talk by David A Bednar called "If Ye Had Known Me". In his talk he asks "Do we only know about the Savior, or are we increasingly coming to know Him?" We are blessed with the opportunity to continuously learn about Christ, and not only that but also to strive to be more like him. How often do we knowingly act against his will, yet turn around and call ourselves disciples? Yous are each examples to me, and I have so much admiration for everything all of yous go through. I hope each of you can find one way to draw closer to Christ this week.
Thanks for your examples, miss all of yous!
Much love,
Sister Keller
Fortunate Event 4. I found pomegranates and nutella!!!!!!!
Also look at my favourite illuminati loving future missionary(,,:
1 week ago




No comments:
Post a Comment