Friday, December 18, 2009

Cookie Trains

We went to Grandma's house to make cookie trains. It's a tradition. We don't make ginger bread houses we make cookie trains. I did put the cookies together, there being 6 kids and I knew I couldn't help them all at one time, and then they did the decorating.



This is how helpful Troy is when it comes to putting up the tree, wrapping presents and decorating cookie trains. It's ok, because I enjoy doing those things.
Aunt Tricia was a great helper. Helped me put the cookies together and helped Ana work her frosting bag.
Ethan made "crazy gumdrop train"

The kids finished their trains really quickly because I told them they couldn't eat the candy until everyone was done decorating their trains (so we have enough for everyone). Now to give them all away. We never keep them, we give them to neighbors and teachers. The kids were very worried at first, but after a few yummy treats from neighbors they were excited to deliver the trains to people.

1 comment:

samsthree said...

Oh, so fun. We are going to do our Christmas trains after Christmas. Too much to do before Christmas. I guess I am a little late now.
Isabelle is always looking at your blog. She loves the pictures. I asked her the other day if she was okay. She said "Mom this makes me feel close to them." We love you Merry Christmas. Wish so much we could be there to celebrate the season.