Saturday, March 20, 2010

Morgan's Poem

Morgan wrote this poem for her dad while he was in China. She tries to write a poem for him everytime he goes out of town.

Frog Poem

The frog sists silently in the bush,
He waits for food to come to him.

The food he finds is not so great,
But the greedy frog gobbles it down.

The little fly he feasts upon
Makes others laugh,

But he laughs to himself, and thinks,
They'll be starving for dinner,
And I'll be feasting upon flies.

He eats happily and thinks
about what treaseure he has.

"The real tresures in life are the ones all around,
I have more than enough with this tasty fly,"
Thinks the satisfied frog.

Morgan

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! What talent! I hope you are feeling better.

Tawnie said...

Carlin,
This is Tawnie HIgginson from LPA, last year. WE don't go there anymore but I just went to Australia with my husband for work and was there with Heather Brown. Our husbands work together. I asked her how your family was and she filled me in on your last year. WOW!!! Good for you and how blessed you will be for making such a difference in so many lives. What a beautiful poem. I can't believe she wrote that. I just love Morgan. She was always so spunky and happy and fun. I loved the time her and Emily had to be friends and loved her influence in Emily's life.
I wish you and your family the very best. Love, Tawnie

Tiffany said...

Lovely poem Morgan! You always write such wonderful things!