Saturday, April 24, 2010

Adoptive Mom's Retreat

I just sent this email to a few people, but thought I'd post it on the blog. I couldn't get the flier to upload so I cut and pasted from Diana's blog.

Hi everyone,

Just sending this out and hoping everyone will pass it along to anyone they know who has adopted/fostering and would like a weekend break with other mom's who have adopted/foster care kids. Diana started this to give moms a break and have a chance to talk about the challenges with have and how we can help the kids we adopted, all while relaxing and rejuvenating. It should be a lot of fun and we can all use the support. She still has a couple spaces to fill. It is the weekend of May 21-23, at the Homestead. The cost is 157.00 for two nights to relax and hang out and to share. Mothers of any age can attend and mothers of adopted/fostered kids of any age! We are just wanting to support one another!!

I just went to a seminar on adoption today and Heather Forbes repeated a few times the importance of support! Diana's information is on the flier if you are interested in attending! The more the merrier! If you can't come, please pass this along. Someone you know may be needing something just like this! She is also raising funds on her blog to help those who would like to come but can't cover the cost, so let her know if your interested but money is an issue.

Thanks and feel free to email me with any questions. I'm so looking forward to this little break!
Carlin
carlintk@yahoo.com

From Diana's blog:
Speaking of the upcoming retreat, there's still room for a few more.

Just a reminder of the major details:

May 21-23, 2010
Homestead Resort in Midway, Utah (approximately 45 minutes southeast of Salt Lake City)
There's all sorts of fun things to do at the resort including spa, swimming, mineral pools, gardens, golf, etc. Plus, there's all sorts of fun things to do nearby. But best of all, there's peace and quiet, sleeping in, rest and relaxation, and hanging out and connecting with other moms who GET IT and are living our same crazy life!

Money for the accomodations is due on May 10 at the latest. That just happens to be the day after Mother's Day. What a great gift being able to come on this retreat would be! It's what I'm getting! :-)

You can find lots more details by clicking on the "Moms Retreat" link under my header.

I've had quite a number of inquiries regarding the retreat and I KNOW there are a bunch of you out there sitting on the fence still trying to decide if you should come, if anyone will like you, if you'll like them, if you'll have anything to offer the group, if you'll really fit in, if you can fit it in your schedule, if you can sacrifice the funds to come, or whatever. The answer to all of it is YES, you should come! You're worth it, you deserve it, I know for a fact that none of us who are coming bite (unlike some of our precious children, ha ha!) and you'll return home an amazingly new and rejuvenated person!! You don't necessarily need to have adopted children, either. I know many who read this blog are parents of older adopted kids who are struggling, but there are others who read who are struggling with the special needs of their biological kids as well. What it boils down to is that if you're a stressed out, maxed out mom who's been run through the wringer with your kids, no matter how they joined your family, you're welcome to come.



1 comment:

Diana said...

:-) Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to it, too!!

My cup runneth over today. First, there was the awesome Beyond Consequences seminar. I've already had opportunity to practice what we learned there today. Then, I came home and realized my "No Mom Left Behind" campaign got a tremendous boost today as well from multiple generous donors. I have no doubt there's a miracle in the works for someone. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.