Saturday, April 3, 2010

Priesthood Session

This is Troy making a rare posting appearance.

There are still quite a few "firsts" with our adopted kids, now a year into it, but certainly less than there used to be. Tonight was a good one: Victor's first priesthood session at general conference.

I explained it to him earlier today. I warned him it would be long, but that he, Grant and I would all be going and I hoped he'd enjoy it. I also let drop that there was a good chance there would be ice cream afterwards. He was game at that point.

The first 1/2 hour went fine. The next hour he was struggling but largely hanging in there. The last 1/2 hour he was the horse heading toward the barn and was pretty wired. Overall, I was proud he sat through it and even listened occasionally. He of course had to keep the Victor humor going, and would whisper a wisecrack to me or Grant every 5 or 10 minutes. Often non-sensical, but occasionally funny. Here are a few of the funnier ones:

Victor: Next time I am going to bring a pillow
Dad: No, Victor
Victor: And a blanket
Dad: (At this point, dad understands it's a joke) Ahh, I see. Very funny.
Victor: And my bed

Victor: Dad, I am hungry. Can I eat you?

Victor, referencing the conductor as he directs the choir with broad arm movements: He is Kung Foo man.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

We were just prepping Alex for the next session as he'll be twelve! Yikes!
Too funny Troy! Thanks for sharing.
Wendy

Jen said...

Funny! He seems to have a keen sense of humor! You have to laugh just because they are trying to be funny and that in and of itself is funny. Did I just make sense???